Adding Drop Shadows

I decided to go with the drop shadow effect on the panels (completed on the right) to bring out the individual sections. To start, I outline each panel in burnt umber, then blend it with a mix made to match the background. In itself, the technique is nothing special, but I think it serves the purpose nicely.

On a side note, I just purchased a better digital camera which will hopefully give a more accurate view of what these works really look like as I paint them. Previously, I had relied on the camera in my cell phone and tried to "fix" the colors and lighting in Photoshop. The process is tedious at best, and gave mixed results. I use scans of slide film for most of my online work, but with a process blog, I cannot wait for the entire roll to be developed. The difference in color depth is astounding.

No comments: