Where's my Motivation?

I prepared a new canvas for my next work, but still have some considerations to make. I am leaning toward the pillar of fire, pillar of cloud idea. I am in a place right now that I could use a visible reminder of God's presence in my life.

It takes a few days to make a canvas, during which time I like to finalize my ideas before starting the process. Sometimes though, I get stuck before I start; like now.

I need some motivation; a little kick in the pants to get things moving. It is like sleep (everything relates somehow to sleep). I have a hard time falling asleep, and an even more difficult time waking up. I don't transition well. Same concept works for painting. Perhaps I need to be working on a few at a time so there is no true start or finish in my overall process.


In the "Researching a Pillar of Fire" category:

This is definitely not what I am looking for. It seems little too close to a UFO picture.
Here is a good application of the concept. I think it would serve me well to look toward the Lord's leading more often.

This example provides an insight into the persistence of God's care for His people.

Here is another photo effect. I think I would rather see God's fire displaying His will in action rather than posing for a photo shoot. In Exodus, God was present to comfort and lead Israel, not to do tricks.

1 comment:

Joshua said...

I like the idea of the pillar of fire, from just a visual sense I think the colors and texture will be amazing.

I've been looking at the painting you did for Molly and me and have really appreciated the different layers. The light picks up that silver paint so well from under the glaze... as you could see from the pics it looks great in our dinning area. (yes, we were finally able to reorganize that area and we got an INSIDE table!)

From an intellectual/spiritual perspective, I like the thought that you put into your work and that there is a deep meaning behind what you do... very captivating. You may consider (if you are going to work on multiple paintings) to do a "wilderness" theme... I can see the Lord descending on the mountain where He gave the Law, I can see His glory passing as Moses looks from a clef in the mountain, Aarons staff sprouting...

Anyway... Thank you for the birthday post too!