Taken



How often do we praise God following a tragedy? When we look for reason, it is easy to lean toward judgment, glazing past the possibility that suffering is but a means to an end. There is blessing hidden in the loss.

This weekend, I sketched out this idea for a three-panel work based on pride, loss and regrowth. Like a mature tree, we take for granted our own strength; not until proven false do we see our error. Fortunately, God seeks us, working to take the broken and make it new.

Christ entered my life through brokenness; breaking down the foundations I had set of my own ambition. Perhaps when the materials used to build success no longer hold strong, we are finally open to acknowledge our need for help. I hope that the many people impacted by the recent outpouring of Katrina might come to know the immovable steadfastness of Christ.
I pray they see the blessing in the loss.

No comments: