It Begins With Pride


By all appearance, things are well. The foliage is handsome and full, but the wood underneath is rotten. Worms have burrowed deep within damaging the soft heart. Very little strength holds the hollowed shell steady.

With pride, we work to keep our appearance, secretly hoping our hearts will follow. But what is made rotten cannot regrow of itself; it must be changed out for new.


The pride of your heart has deceived you, you who live in the clefts of the rocks and make your home on the heights, you who say to yourself, 'Who can bring me down to the ground?'

Though you soar like the eagle and make your nest among the stars, from there I will bring you down," declares the LORD.
(Obadiah 1:3-4 NIV)

Before the storm it is easy to look strong. My own pride hides my faults; the secret rotten wood that I wish to hide. There are no secrets from God, as He knows my heart.

No comments: