Art Process - Be Made New

Here is a summary on my latest work. Clicking on an image will go to the post about the individual sections with commentary. Similar pages are available for my other paintings at artprocess.blogspot.com. Take a look!

I have started a new sketch based on Hebrews. I was working through 13:5 on a request and came upon an idea instead for 4:12. It is one of my favorite verses as I believe the bible is not a collection of stories, but a living guide to the character of God:

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12 NIV)

As I really enjoyed the result of this work over Ephesians, I plan to take a multi-paneled approach to this verse to see what may come. I should have the sketch done in a few days.



Be Made New, December 2005

Click on an image to go to the relevant post:

No comments: