Go, Romans 10

I am working on the underpainting for my new work, and don’t have much to show. I remember watching Bob Ross growing up and being amazed at how quickly he could make a complete painting. I take a significantly longer time; not good painting show material.

This one took about six months. It came from a sketch I had made on a short-term mission trip to a colonia in Mexico. These houses are built upon an abandoned trash dump. Not a very pretty place, but I found it captivating.


Thanksgiving.

It currently hangs in my home as a reminder of Jesus' request:

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" (Romans 10:14-15 NIV)

What use is the study God word if we keep it to ourselves?
On her blog, In the Presence of the Almighty, Karen discusses going out to share the gospel with the homeless, and the lessons learned through trusting Jesus. She has stepped outside her comfort, to shine a light in the darkness.
I have been exposed to all kinds of alcohol and drugs over the years. I worked at a homeless shelter for teens, confiscating drugs and weapons. But the street ministry, seeing it first hand...I am a babe in the woods.
Thank you, Karen, for being faithful to His call.


In the "Take a Look Inside" category:
In part four of his sermon prep work on Hebrews 6 and the assurance of salvation, David Wayne discusses the identification of counterfeit Christians, who may be missing out on God’s grace:

One main evidence of Christian graces in the heart is a desire to press on to maturity. How can you know if grace is operative in your heart? You can know if there is a kind of holy restlessness, a desire to know more of Christ.
His post seems less to me a rebuke, than a tool for honest assessment of personal faith. The whole series is a thought-provoking read.

No comments: