I'm Glad You're Here

My wife and I received Red Cross training today in preparation to serve in a shelter that is being staffed by our church. I am glad our church has found a larger organization to come alongside; I really think it will provide great opportunities to share the compassion of Christ as we provide both physical and spiritual relief.

The first busloads arrived this evening carrying about 90 people out of New Orleans. They were tired and hungry, but in good spirits. For many, things are finally looking up. My prayer is that Christ will go ahead of us and soften hearts to the message of the cross, so that this disaster may bring a rebirth of joy. Please pray for the shelter; that His work will be done and that our new friends may know the taste of eternal water.

No comments: